Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water Heaters nearly FILLED with CALCIUM.

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 19:41:20 -0400, woodchucker
wrote:

On 10/30/2013 10:56 AM, RobertMacy wrote:
On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 11:59:06 -0700, jamesgang
wrote:

....snip....
...just food for thought.

Not much in the way of viruses or bacteria that enter through your
skin. You'd make a better case about the accidental ingestion or
inhalation of the shower water. Even so statistics don't support much
worry about setting a hot water heater at 120.

I wasn't trying to make a case against setting water temp at 120

Just pointing out how 'contaminants' in water could pose a major problem.

Having been scalded [several times] by our hot water [set near max] I'd
like to see code REQUIRE the use of those mechanical faucets that force
the user to be aware that you are now setting the temp of your shower
pretty hot. And prevent a user from accidently bumping the hot/cold
balance way up. I've seen them in hotels and think they're a great idea.

we don't need any more govmntl regs to control us.
You must be from californication, where they want everything labeled
that it might kill you.

what's your problem that you want everything to take care of your
stupidity. Why have you been scalded by your hot water?
We have our set just below that point.

That's not a good solution. Better is a mixing valve after the WH.

Just another idiot requiring someone to force everyone to have this
because they are STUPID!

The people are that stupid.