Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Church without power

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/30/2013 3:50 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I haven't read anything that says that there will
be an actual outage.

The articles I've read say that they will hold a "downed power grid
simulation" but they never say that the power will actually go out.

If I were you, I'd call your local utility and ask them what exactly is
going to happen on Nov 13 in your specific area before I started draining
pipes and filling them with antifreeze.

My guess is that you won't have to do anything because the power isn't
really going to be cut.

I hope you're right. of course, I won't go through all
the pipes and pink the traps, unless the grid goes down.
Just trying to stay ahead of trouble. If it were a real
grid down, the drone at the power co wouldn't have been
told.

First off, you don't have to talk to a "drone". You can escalate your
request and work your way up the chain, especially if you are responsible
for an important entity, such as a church.

Second, if the power was really going to be shut off, I doubt they would
keep it a secret from hospitals, businesses, etc., even if it was just a
drill. Read the articles. The drill is not about how small businesses,
hospitals, schools or churches will handle a grid outage. It's about those
responsible for the infrastructure and the various government agencies that
have a part to play or a concern. That being the case, there are those who
are in the know and you should be able to get an answer.

As for me, I'm planning on posting from my iron lung on 11/13 just like
every other day...

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpres...lalexander.jpg