Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:32:54 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

So the price of the coalition is a liberal democrat government?

Since nobody had a majority, the alternative would have been another
election. Or a minority government.

TBH, given the situation a couple of years ago, I went into the election
thinking a blue/yellow coalition would have been the best outcome. Labour
deserved to lose, and lose heavily. They'd left an absolute poisoned
chalice for whoever replaced them, that really did need both the other
parties to pull together rather than fight over it.

I don't think the opprobrium that's been heaped on Clegg over it all has
been remotely fair. They're very much the minority partner. The main
character deserving of opprobrium has been Cable, who's proven petulant.