Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Church without power

Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 10/30/2013 2:13 PM, Pete C. wrote:

You should be able to rent a couple LP "Salamander" type heaters with
thermostats to maintain a reasonable holding temp, and power them with a
small generator like a Honda EU2000, which if you get one of the
available extended run tanks for can let you refuel once a day if even
that frequently.

Yes,that's a good idea. There is some open area in
the gym, I could blast a couple salamanders, with
minimal risk of fire. Put some cinder blocks under
the heaters.

If:
1) such heater can be found
2) can get permission to operate such.

The LP Salamanders require a bit of power, but at least they don't stink
up the place like a kero heater will. I use a little 80k BTU/hr LP
heater in my shop occasionally, it works well and only takes a few Amps
to power the blower and ignitor.