Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no questions! :)

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:48:04 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 02:31:20 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote:

Well, it sure cost a fortune to ship the new springs

UPDATE:
They arrived today ... but I'm still waiting for the other parts.

The cost to ship was almost exactly one dollar for pound!

There's something gorgeous about a tight set of springs!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7442/1...0a06e739_o.gif

Danny,

Are the colors on the spring (blue) the same as on the old spring?
Yes. it matters. I got lost in this thread

We talked about how springs use colors, etc., for reasons. When the
spring is tightened, the marks on the coils will off-set ...

btw. you done good in your DIY GDO project.