Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Church without power

On Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:58:02 AM UTC-4, philo* wrote:
On 10/30/2013 08:16 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

With the forecast of Nov 13 being power cut, it

gets me to thinking. I'm one of the maint guys

at church. Suppose the power goes off, and it's

below freezing.

snip

Main thing to worry about is the water pipes.

How cold is it and how long will the power going to be out?

If it's 32degrees outside and the power is going to be out for less than

24 hours there is not going to be anything to worry about...

as it would take several days before the interior of the building is

going to reach the "out-door" temperature.

Yes, too little to go on. No length of time power is out 2 days?
two months?, location, etc. How low the temp can go and for how long are critical questions. As you say, f it;s for a few days and the temps typically
don't drop lower than the upper 20s and then only at night, I
wouldn't worry.