Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door torsion spring metal recycling

On 10/29/2013 9:49 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:41:43 PM UTC-7, micky wrote:
I sold a sorted pick-up load of copper, aluminum, and steel scrap to a

junk yard a couple years ago, but I don't remember how much they paid

for any of them.

I went to all the trouble to pack up a bunch of

aluminum and other metal junque from and took it to
the local city recycling place (contracted out).
Guess what they wanted to pay me. $0.35!!! I
demanded it back, took it outside, and dumped it
in the free bin. So much for an hour of my time.

HB

I've found different yards handle things differently.
One place, I'll never go back. Always got under paid.
Another yard is generous, a third one is some where in
the middle.

--
..
Christopher A. Young