Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 00:46:57 +0000, Java Jive wrote:

Get real. After all we have to live in the real world, and share it as
peaceably and equably as possible with others. If we weren't in the EU,
we would still be members of NATO, the UN, various trade agreements,
etc.

Including, of course, EFTA - as Norway, Switzerland and the other
"fringe" states are. Which, of course, would still tie us to EU
standardisation (as would simple economics, since we'd inevitably be
sourcing the same products from the same plants as EU countries). Except
we'd have bollock-all input to the EU.

Seems to me to be losing input for no gain, just to try to make some ill-
considered political point founded on misunderstandings and plain lies.