Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:43:46 -0400, micky wrote:

Otherwise, put it out at the curb on garbage day

Or before garbage day, to give people the maximum amount
of time to see it.

Well, it sure cost a fortune to ship the new springs, so, they must be
HEAVY!

So, it's worth something, to a recycler, in steel.

I guess I'll just throw it in the recycling bin.

I *might* try to again remove the cones, just for the practice, but, the
last time I tried that, I failed miserably.

There's a really good *reason* most homeowners buy their torsion springs
with the cones already on them!