Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default So, how has your insurance been affected by your president?

"Pete C." wrote:

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message
?

My existing policy already qualifies...come January, the premium for
the
wife and I is slated to drop by about $100.00 per month.

Pretty sure there's also a substantial tax break involved for anyone
else
that is not drawing more than 400% above the non-taxable level...not
sure
exactly how much that'll be for me but I'll probably spend the extra,
thus
circulating it directly back into the private economy where it'll
probably
dissapear to the caymans sooner than it would have if it had it passed
through government at least once and where it might have ended up
partially
funding something useful like repairing an interstate bridge or buying
a new
carrier for the seventh fleet.

In all the years prior to Obummercare my insurance premiums increased
about 4% per year and the coverages, copays and the like remained the
same. Since Obummercare my premium increased about 8% for this coming
year, copays increased about 20% and deductibles increased about 600%,
while coverage decreased about 20%. All this to provide insurance to
the
4% of the population that previously didn't have it and wanted it (10%
didn't have or want it).

Actually, I believe you're pulling my leg.

It's the reality, and given that I work for a large company there are a
good 150K+ others similarly affected.

Now I'm pretty much convinced, especially since you still haven't provided
any facts whatsoever that would tend to support even one of your above
claims..

Taking your first claime as an example:

It's a very well established and easily verifiable fact that average
premiums have steadily risen by a little over 10% per year over at least the
past decade.

In other words, given the cumulative effect of limiting premium increases to
only 4% per year over a ten year span, it's very likely that any insurance
company would still be in business, considering that it would currently be
bringing in ~30% less in yearly revenue as compared to its competitors.

Except that the company I work for is self insured. They have a big name
insurance company administer the insurance, but my company covers all
the costs, not the insurance company. It's reported that this is one of
the reasons our premiums haven't risen as fast as others.

Oh, and I've been with this company fro 15+ years so I have plenty of
history on the modest premium increases and excellent coverage pre
Obummercare.