Posted to uk.d-i-y
Java Jive[_2_] Java Jive[_2_] is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:11:46 +0000, Andy Cap
wrote:

You're talking rubbish ! We voted to remain in the Common Market, most
people foolishly believing Heath's statement that there would be no loss
of sovereignty, which was a DOWNRIGHT LIE!

Whether or not Heath lied is a little irrelevant, considering Harold
Wilson was in power at the time, and surprise, surprise, held the
referendum in conformance with a manifesto pledge!

If people had been told the
truth, I very much doubt the result would have been the same but it's
abundantly clear that the so-called democrats in our parliament are
nothing of the sort.

Get real. After all we have to live in the real world, and share it
as peaceably and equably as possible with others. If we weren't in
the EU, we would still be members of NATO, the UN, various trade
agreements, etc. All these are effectively a voluntary reduction in
national sovereignty for the sake of living peacefully in a more or
less peaceful world. Accession to the EU is no different from that.