Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D'Amico Danny D'Amico is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:17:57 -0700, chaniarts wrote:

then i take it this isn't the one we spent so much time on not too long
ago?

The one last time was this smaller single-spring garage door:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5489/1...29d6a11e_o.gif

This spring is the larger door twice it's size, right next to it.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7329/1...e2064872_o.gif

The real problem last time had nothing to do, per se, with replacing the
torsion spring with an upgraded spring and new bearings.

The problem then was that there was NOTHING holding either end flag in
place, nor anything under the center support ... so, the entire setup had
to be jury rigged because the new heavier longer stronger spring caused a
greater load on the unsupported components.

That problem was a one off.

But, it included taking apart the entire garage door setup more than a
few times, so, by now, simply replacing two torsion springs should be a
breeze (since I'll just go back to the old threads for the DIY details).

Thanks for all your help in the past!

Now I know exactly when the Huckleberries are in season, without having
to ask!