Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no questions! :)

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 00:38:17 +0000 (UTC), Danny D'Amico
wrote:

The wife screamed there was a gunshot in the garage and yelled at me to
grab the grandkids and shoo them out the front door immediately.

This is what I found in the garage:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7329/1...e2064872_o.gif

The funny thing is, we've already covered *everything* here, on
alt.home.repair; so, I have no additional questions for you guys!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3682/1...ccf1e6c8_o.gif

Is this really a torsion spring, or is it a flex spring that has been
wound up in to a coil?

I'll give Dan at DDM Garage Doors a call in the morning, and, I'll have
yet another garage door torsion spring repair under my belt.
/////
Thanks to all your past advice and help - there just isn't anything
unknown about the DIY replacement of this particular garage door torsion
spring repair. (Or so I hope.)

Don't forget to tie something so it doesn't come loose and spring back
in your face. I never understood exactly what to tie.