Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap[_9_] Andy Cap[_9_] is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On 10/29/2013 04:48 PM, Adrian wrote:

They had no mandate to do so

The Tory manifesto, a couple of months later, talked about what a great
success it was for the UK. They then won that election, before ratifying
it shortly after.

http://www.conservativemanifesto.com...-conservative-
manifesto.shtml#resp

If that isn't a mandate, what - short of a referendum - is?

I refer the member to the answer I gave earlier.

"I think referenda should be used far more in parliament too, because
claiming something was in a manifesto is a joke. Firstly it highly
unlikely you agree with everything across the board and so voting
becomes negative activity, looking for the one you think will do least
damage and secondly, there is no obligation on doing what they say they
will."