Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:33:57 +0000, Andy Cap wrote:

My view is that there should have been a referendum for *each* of the
EU treaties, including accession under Grocer Heath, the Single
European Act, Maastricht, etc, because no govt has the right to alter
our constitutional arrangements without the peeps permission. We elect
them to run the country under the existing set up.

Couldn't agree more, though I'd prefer out. I think referenda should be
used far more in parliament too

Apart from the subtle detail that a referendum, inherently, isn't used
"in parliament", it might be worth remembering that the 2011 voting
system referendum cost about £75m. How many of 'em do you want?