Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:11:46 +0000, Andy Cap wrote:

Well, apart from the UK in the 1975 referendum, of course. Which was
67% in favour.

Oh, and Ireland and Denmark both also had positive referenda at about
the same time - but Norway narrowly voted no. Austria, Finland and
Sweden all had positive referenda in the mid '90s - Norway voted no
again, but was even closer. Nine of the 2003 accession states had
positive referenda, too, then Croatia last year.

So that's 16 of the current 28 members who did indeed vote to join the
EU - or 16 of the 22 who joined it post-formation. Only one's ever
voted against - with a high point of 53% against.

But - apart from that - what did the Romans ever do for us, eh?

You're talking rubbish !

No, I'm not. You might wish I was, but that doesn't alter reality.

We voted to remain in the Common Market

The European Economic Community. There's never been anything called the
"Common Market".

And then the UK - both Westminster and MEPs - was internally and
integrally involved in turning the EEC into the EU.