Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap[_9_] Andy Cap[_9_] is offline

Default EU to flush your money down your toilet?

On 10/29/2013 03:53 PM, Adrian wrote:

Well, apart from the UK in the 1975 referendum, of course. Which was 67%
in favour.

Oh, and Ireland and Denmark both also had positive referenda at about the
same time - but Norway narrowly voted no. Austria, Finland and Sweden all
had positive referenda in the mid '90s - Norway voted no again, but was
even closer. Nine of the 2003 accession states had positive referenda,
too, then Croatia last year.

So that's 16 of the current 28 members who did indeed vote to join the EU
- or 16 of the 22 who joined it post-formation. Only one's ever voted
against - with a high point of 53% against.

But - apart from that - what did the Romans ever do for us, eh?

You're talking rubbish ! We voted to remain in the Common Market, most
people foolishly believing Heath's statement that there would be no loss
of sovereignty, which was a DOWNRIGHT LIE! If people had been told the
truth, I very much doubt the result would have been the same but it's
abundantly clear that the so-called democrats in our parliament are
nothing of the sort.