Posted to alt.home.repair
philo [_2_] philo [_2_] is offline

Default Wood Furnace fan doesn't run long

On 10/29/2013 08:42 AM, cln wrote:
I'd set it up to be thermostatically controlled to run whenever heat is
present rather than just the first two minutes. A two speed fan is not a
bad idea.

There is a thermostat for the furnace. One upstairs and one the Fan Switch
http://inspectapedia.com/heat/0759s.jpg.
I do sometimes turn on the manual switch but if left on after the fire is out, it will only blow cold air...of course. I wish that switch would be upstairs instead then I would be less prone, and lazy, to turn it off.

The technician seemed to think otherwise about the two speed fan. But this is just one guys opinion

thanks Philo

Though the two speed fan is optional, I'd find someone who can set it up
so that the fan runs when heat is being produced rather than just the
initial two minutes.

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85K...ature=youtu.be