Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slightly O.T. How to ripen green Tomatoes ?

In article ,
dgk wrote:

I've been growing them from seed I get from TomatoBob.com. No
affiliation except that I'm a customer and they almost all germinate
and florish. I've grown at least 20 different varieties over the last
few years but Cherokee Purple is my favorite so far. Almost all do
well though and taste better than anything I can get in the store.

Thanks. Cherokee Purple was one of the ones that I've grown whose
name I couldn't recall. I grew that and German Johnson the same
year.

So far, I've liked Mortgage Lifter the best, but that might have
been because it was a good year for tomatoes. I had a lot of
trouble with blossom-end rot with Brandywine, but I love the taste.

But those and basil are all that I bother growing. I don't have enough
room to grow stuff that doesn't really taste any better than the store
bought.

I grow garlic. It's much, much, much better than that withered
Chinese import they have at the grocery store. Even after it's
been in storage in my basement for half a year, it's still
better. Plus, it's really easy to grow.

I do basil and parsley in pots on my patio, nice and convenient
to the kitchen.

Cindy Hamilton