Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Oven temps

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 27/10/2013 13:40, dennis@home wrote:
What pollutants do you think burning natural gas gives out?

CO, trace hydrocarbons, a few sulphur compounds (from the stenchant, if
nothing else), the odd bit of NOx and carbon particles...

Of course, these should only be in trace amounts. You'd probably notice CO
from the headaches - if your detector didn't, and you didn't die.

Andy

The moment you walk into a house you can smell if they have a gas hob.
Esp. if there is no hood.
I suppose the inhabitants have got used to it and don't notice.

I think it's hard to clean most gas hobs, maybe some of the smell comes from
burning spillages.