Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bodge replacement for hip tiles

On Monday 28 October 2013 15:21 David.WE.Roberts wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Our neighbour (other half of semi) need to replace some hip tiles, and is
having difficulty matching the original 1930s French Monopole tiles.

Now we have a garage which has a roof matching the main houses and which
is not long for this world (due to come down next year sometime).

So we are happy to 'pre-scrap' some of the tiles to help them out.

The first thought was to use some non-matching hip tiles to replace ours.

Is there a cheaper and simpler 'bodge' such as using half round guttering
and a load of mortar which would maintain the integrity of the roof for a
year although looking pig ugly?

Suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Dave R

Why not just use some ordinary plain hip tiles on yours?

They are £4-5 each:

http://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/p...-chestnut.html

You could get cheaper and nastier than that...