Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Lost a Nuke?

On 28/10/2013 10:50, Andrew May wrote:
On 28/10/2013 10:37, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Seems to have been an instant drop of about 1 GW sourced from nuclear
just after 0700 this morning. Capacity taken up by pumped and hydro.
The EDF .pdf nuke status page hasn't been updated since the 21st.

What has dropped off line?

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24699748#TWEET937307

"Both reactors in Dungeness power station's B units have been
automatically shut down after power to the site was cut off. The site's
own generators are providing power to the site"

This has always been standard practice in the UK.

Going off topic, I was amused in one of the "£100k house" programmes
when the architect took the client off to a bleak, windswept bit of
shingle littered with derelict boats. Just as I was thinking "Looks just
like Dungeness", they announced that it was. It really can be bleak: I
was once there for an interview in December, the rain was almost
horizontal and all the seagulls were sheltering in the lee of the A-site
carpark wall. Even in nice weather the foreshore looks positively
Dickensian.