Default Keeperpro for Windows

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 15:27:38 GMT, B a r r y
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 10:05:05 -0400, "Neal" wrote:

PC Mag has a nice (free) program to track inventories called Thinginventory. You
can attach a photo and a replacement cost to each item. Good for insurance
purposes.

The thing that always bothered me about programs like that, as nice as
some of them are, is that I lose them. G

In other words, I get the program, lose the install package, buy a new
PC or lose a hard disc, and can't find or download the original
install package. Usually, the program uses a proprietary database, so
I can't open the database once I get the data files onto the new PC or
drive.

Since I've started using basic databases or spreadsheets to keep track
of finances, projects, tools, bike rides, etc... I've never had that
problem. The data may not be as pretty to view, but I'm pretty sure
SOMETHING will open the file 5 years from now.

Barry

if you're willing to buck the price and learning curve, filemaker may
be what you want. insanely powerful, been around long enough to have
good support and lotsa addons. with a bit of dinking aboutit can be
made to open *any* database, and it isn't going away.