Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Reckless electricity generating

Well, most people who steal electricity simply bypass the meter completely,
or nick it froma convenient street light cable.
There have been some creative ideas like the farmer who strung a very long
wire alongside a power cable to get induced power to power some remote
equipment. I also wonder about all those demos of holding up fluorescent
tubes undeneath pylons as well.

None of those indirect methods are very efficient.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Tim+" wrote in message
"harryagain" wrote:
wrote in message
On Saturday, July 27, 2013 I wrote:
Update at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-23465863
Charles McKenzie, 55, from Dundee, suspended a generator from the
ceiling
of his bedroom after his electricity supply was cut off in February
last
year.

Update at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-24656203

Charles McKenzie pled guilty to a charge of culpable and reckless
conduct
as well as two charges of stealing electricity.

Sheriff George Way issued the community payback order and ordered a
review
hearing in January.

The description of his equipment makes no sense,

I think for "transformer", read "12V battery charger".

Tim