Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+ Tim+ is offline

Default Oven temps

"harryagain" wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message

One of the big differences I noticed after moving from a gas oven to an
electric fan oven was how much less the latter was effected by the "wet
load".

Fill a gas oven with baking potatoes and you can be sure they'll take
twice
as long as you expect. Do the same with a fan oven and the just seem to
cook at the prescribed pace. I dunno whether it's down to the position
of
the oven thermostat or what, but fan ovens just seem to "do what it says
on
the tin". I wouldn't go back to a gas oven now.

When you burn gas, you get water. So electric ovens are bound to dry things
out quicker.

Yeah but, they take much longer to *cook*, which isn't the same as just
drying out.

Tim