Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Julian Bunn Julian Bunn is offline

Default Power and control of Mitsubishi LT-70 Linear Turntable

This turntable was part of an integrated system: I only have the turntable and am trying to figure out how to make it work standalone.

There is an 8-pin DIN plug on the back that once connected the turntable to the main unit. This plug is marked "TO CACEIVER" J106 on the following schematic for the turntable:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/1...2891424d_o.png

The same plug is marked "PL CONT" on the schematic for the main unit:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/1...66d7d075_o.png

Working from the schematics, I saw that the turntable uses a -12 0 +12 power supply, which I've duly connected to pins 1-6-4 on the plug (29,28,27 on the turntable schematic). Sure enough, the unit powers up, the track indicator 7seg LED lights up, and I can operate the tray using the "Open" button on it, the fwd/rev buttons that move the cartridge left/right, and the various programming buttons on the tray (track select, program, etc.)

However, the turntable never spins, the "Start" button has no effect. I think this is because I am not providing the correct signals on the pins marked "SYNC", "AF" and "STP" (shown on the main unit schematic).

Two of these three pins (24 & 25) are connected to IC151, a BA612 quad driver, on the turntable circuit board: 24 seems to be an input signal to the turntable (since it goes to a BA612 driver input, pin 2). The other, 25, looks like an output signal from the turntable to the main unit. Finally, pin 26 also looks like an output, some sort of current source from Q221?

I'm at the limit of my expertise with this - can anyone suggest how to connect pins 24,25,26? Any ideas about what "SYNC", "AF", and "STP" might mean in this context?

Thanks!