Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:41:02 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 13:12:29 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 23:24:53 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 11:15:31 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/21/2013 4:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

If I'm working I want the fast part. But it surprises me how little
actual difference there is in price between my wife and I eating at a
typical fast food place, maybe $16 versus a real sit down restaurant,
which for a non-fancy outing might be $21. For the extra $5 you get
served, real plates, actual food.....

If you're still able to find it for $21, you are doing OK. Seems most
of the time now it is $30+. Not difficult to hit $50 either.

Hmmm,
Eating out? We never go to a fast food joint to eat junk food.
Respectable eatery costs ~100.00 per person including tip at least.

Really? I generally figure about half that. Of course, we rarely
have any kind of alcohol when we eat in restaurants.

Perhaps we have differing definitions of "respectable". We don't do
"cuisine". The places we go most often (in no particular order):
German
Indian
Turkish
Japanese
Chinese
Italian
Syrian
Steakhouse

Some quite tasty ethnic meals can be had for $25 for two people.

That's all in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Prices are of course higher
in a large metropolis.

Cindy Hamilton

Hi,
You left out my old country Korea. Korean beef BBQ is good!
The place we may be going to eat is formal suit and tie place.
Or if I want freebee we can push ourselves to in-laws' private
club house, he,he. Some people live to eat, it seems but we eat to live.
If I can live without eating, that will be just fine with me.

Here in Calgary AB, there are more hidden rich folks than other cities
and consumer price and inflaation rate is higher than national average.
Likewise average income of household is higher too. We're retired but we
have been able to manage so far. Unemployment rate in the city
at the moment is ~4.3%. I used to live in S.S. Marie ON, way back in the
'60s. Then to Toronto and transfered out here in the spring of '70
where I raissed family and retired. Now just two of us and a dog in an
empty nest. No more cat. Our old cat died in April this year and if we
get another kitten, it may outlive losing us.

We love Italian food(our daughter-in-law is Southern Italian) I don't
like French cuisine, just good to look at, nothing much to eat,LOL!

If I have to wear a suit and tie someone else better be paying for the
dinner. I would certainly never inflict such dining on myself.

No children? Think wedding.

I didn't consider those two occasions "going out to dinner".

A rehearsal dinner is, by any definition of the term. ;-) I'm sure
there are many similar cases.