Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Oven temps

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 23:04:45 +0100, Tim+ wrote:

One of the big differences I noticed after moving from a gas oven to an
electric fan oven was how much less the latter was effected by the "wet
load".

Fill a gas oven with baking potatoes and you can be sure they'll take
twice as long as you expect. Do the same with a fan oven and the just
seem to cook at the prescribed pace. I dunno whether it's down to the
position of the oven thermostat or what, but fan ovens just seem to "do
what it says on the tin". I wouldn't go back to a gas oven now.

Umm, I think that's the "fan" bit, rather than the "electric" bit. There
are gas fan ovens and electric non-fan ovens.

FWIW, I agree with you on the fan-over-non-fan bit, but am totally
agnostic on the gas vs electric bit. Gas hob's a no-brainer, though.