Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Clean/repair stained porcelain sink?

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:27:56 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:01:24 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
He tried back in January. He used something else, instead.

Old thread but I plug the sink, add hot water and Oxyclean. Let it sit for a couple hours and presto.

The threads do get a new life after years.

I;'e used companies that come right into the house, clean and put a
new finish on a sink. IMO, looks better than new.

Used them for rental properties and at home. Once had 5-6 sinks, a
claw foot tub finished inside and out - legs too, plus had other sinks
I sold before they would have be refinished.

They say not to use the sink for x hours and the smell will dissipate
(fans). Kewl stuff.