Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default old tung oil finish got tacky

On 10/25/2013 11:48 AM, Casper wrote:
LOL ... you gotta point. You have to excuse my early morning rant. We
ran out of coffee yesterday and I've trekked to StarBucks for the second
morning in a row, to stand in line with the office yuppies to give my order.

Had a good look around this morning. Like being at a zoo. Where do these
strange folks come from?

(From the look on their faces, they were collectively thinking the same
about me.) Swingman

I can run out of a lot of things and be fine, coffee isn't one of them. I saw
"This Old House" several months ago and got a charge out of the opening.
This is how you can tell Silva is the real deal: in the opening credits and theme,
they work coffee into the show by having them get some at the start of the
day on site. Anyone in this industry knows for sure that it runs on coffee.

I am still chuckling though, at the mental image of Karl in a Starbucks for anything!
Robert

I like a good cup of coffee like most others but I'm still scratching
my head over the concept of a $4 cup of coffee. Sure I occasionly stop
at a Starbucks but I don't find their coffee really any better than
Panera or any other coffee shop. However, I have quite a few friends
and family members who swear they can't live without Starbucks.

A few years ago Dunkin Donuts started remodeling and changing their
image. Now I prefer to go there for a good ole' cup of joe; no fancy
stuff. This year I found the perfect gift there for a few of the
Starbuckers in my clan. A shirt that says, "Friends don't let Friends
drink Starbucks". I figure I'll get a few laughs and a few shirts
thrown back but it will be worth it.

`Casper

Totally agree with that. I find Starbuck to be awful coffee, and way too
expensive. Eight O'Clock coffee, dunkin donuts, most of the little shops
have better coffee, for much less, although Starbucks price allowed most
of them to raise their prices a little.

--
Jeff