Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Oops - clean charcoal off

On 25/10/2013 01:13, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:31:40 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/10/2013 20:10,
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:51:15 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:46:37 AM UTC+1, Bob Minchin
wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On Wednesday 23 October 2013 08:57

wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Or more precisely, charporridge. Its welded firmly to
the ceramic container. What's the easiest way to clean
it off?

Angle grinder

1 Soak with bio washing power/liquid 2 Make note to self to
cook porridge in the microwave in future

Its currently getting a soak in bleach, after a small test
showed it working well. I'll add some washing powder too. It
was cooked in the microwave :/

I'll admit I'm tempted by the angle grinder option...

Surprised you had a problem in a microwave unless the timer was
set too long. My brew is 2 egg cups of oats, 5 of milk and
uWave for 5 mins in a bowl that could take double the quantity.
Open the door immediately that it is done to avoid steaming up
the oven.

It got 15 minutes on full - full being 1kW of nukage. Its
cleaning up nicely, but gradually.

Was this breakfast or an experiment in home fusion? ;-)

Now that you mention it.... I do want to try pyrolysis some time.
I guess I did *funny_expresssion*

PS the bleach works perfectly. By the time I went to add washing
powder the tray the bowl had welded to was already fully clean.

NT

IIRC household bleach is around ph10, so probably the equivalent
cleaning power of washing soda. Actually, the latter didn't work all
that well for me as a grill pan cleaner recently, but I had a toddler
running around so couldn't use caustic. Wish I knew where to get the gel
used by the pro oven cleaning firms