Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Oops - clean charcoal off

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:47:12 -0700 (PDT), fred
wrote:

For me it was reheating some macorini cheese under a low grill before

going on a pub crawl Easter 1975. At least it was Easter when it went

under some mates called around early for a planned long distance pub

crawl and i forgot the grill ,the pub crawl got out of hand and we

ended up in Switzerland.

It was about 8 days later I returned home

.....and the electric or gas bill ?

Ameliorated by no heating , lighting or TV etc use for the period.
In any case compared to the cost of the journey insignificant,Bank
manager was most displeased as a letter from him with some concerns
arrived a day after we left. In them days when cashing a cheque at an
European bank they marked a little box in the back of the cheque
book,I always renewed before one ran out so had 3 of them to use in
sequence. Technically it was fraud or something I suppose but what the
heck,you only pass through late teenage fun years once.
Ironically I took on a Sunday job basically a very posh paper round to
clear the over draught and the bank manager was one of the customers
and ended up owing me money,
when it came to settling up he proffered a cheque,it was hard to keep
a straight face when i replied" only with a bankers card". having
never actaully met me he only twigged who I was when asking for my
name as it was on my account to write it.

G.Harman

G.Harman