Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Oops - clean charcoal off

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:35:25 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:14:27 +0100, polygonum

wrote:

On 23/10/2013 08:57, wrote:

Or more precisely, charporridge. Its welded firmly to the ceramic container. What's the easiest way to clean it off?

thanks, NT

The one time I made a real mistake of that nature (not simply burning a

bit on the bottom), it was soup. Well it started as soup. Left over a

low gas burner for a whole day while I was out.

When I came back, there was only a lump of loose charcoal - look more

like coke. Pan seemed quite clean, considering. Used it regularly for

many years afterwards.

For me it was reheating some macorini cheese under a low grill before

going on a pub crawl Easter 1975. At least it was Easter when it went

under some mates called around early for a planned long distance pub

crawl and i forgot the grill ,the pub crawl got out of hand and we

ended up in Switzerland.

It was about 8 days later I returned home and the macaroni looked just

like those charcoal sticks that were seen in the art class at school.

Got the dish reasonably clean in a caustic bath at work but some black

scale never came off.

G.Harman

......and the electric or gas bill ?