Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oops - clean charcoal off

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:31:40 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/10/2013 20:10, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 1:51:15 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:46:37 AM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On Wednesday 23 October 2013 08:57
wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Or more precisely, charporridge. Its welded firmly to the ceramic
container. What's the easiest way to clean it off?

Angle grinder

1 Soak with bio washing power/liquid
2 Make note to self to cook porridge in the microwave in future

Its currently getting a soak in bleach, after a small test showed it working well. I'll add some washing powder too. It was cooked in the microwave :/

I'll admit I'm tempted by the angle grinder option...

Surprised you had a problem in a microwave unless the timer was set too
long.
My brew is 2 egg cups of oats, 5 of milk and uWave for 5 mins in a bowl
that could take double the quantity. Open the door immediately that it
is done to avoid steaming up the oven.

It got 15 minutes on full - full being 1kW of nukage. Its cleaning up nicely, but gradually.

Was this breakfast or an experiment in home fusion? ;-)

Now that you mention it.... I do want to try pyrolysis some time. I guess I did *funny_expresssion*

PS the bleach works perfectly. By the time I went to add washing powder the tray the bowl had welded to was already fully clean.

NT