Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Thoughts on fitting RCBOs

On 24/10/2013 19:50, chris French wrote:
In message , Bill
writes
In message , John
Rumm writes

I am fortunate that the CU is mounted on a panel that in turn is
mounted
on 2" X 2" battens so there is a reasonable amount of space behind it,
unfortunately many of the cables were bundled together when it was
installed and trying to get a bit of slack to move them around may be
difficult, but not impossible. My only restriction in size is that I
cannot fit a longer unit, I would need to go for a second one above the
existing one.

You may have to crimp extensions onto some of the circuit ends...
especially if the neutrals have been cut shorter than the lives (they
both need to reach the RCBO)

I am reminded of a photo that surfaces on here occasionally of some
ones install where they fitted a separate DIN rail box and then
patched into the CU, an exceptionally neat job.

sounds like Anndrew Gabriel's

This one probably:

http://www.cucumber.demon.co.uk/cu1.jpg

--