Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default reviving a Lion?

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 17:47:50 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

I accidentally ran a li-ion battery completely flat and now it

won't
charge. Is there any way to revive it?

Nope, even if you could get is to take charge, the capacity would
minimal. Li Ion need strict managagement both in terms of voltage and
current during charge and discharge. Play by it's rules and they are
very good. The better packs have management built in and give very good
service.

I think all Li batteries have bulit in management because they are so
fussy and over charging/heating can be a bit exciting.

I'd leave it connected to the powered up charger for a 48 hours and
see if that provokes the management into working properly, it quite
often does.

--
Cheers
Dave.