Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thoughts on fitting RCBOs

On Thursday 24 October 2013 08:05 charles wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

[Snip]

Is your CU tidy inside?

In the worst case, you could replace your CU with a bigger one to give
you more space.

The trouble with replacing the enclosure is that you have the incoming
live
& neutral to deal with. You can only isolate them by removing the
"compnay" fuse. Years ago, before 'privatisation', I needed to repace my
CU and arranged for someone to come and remove the company fuse. I said
to him that I estimated it was a two hours job, if he came back and and
reconnected me then, I could put the kettle on. He came back as
suggested.
Would that work these days?

The might come back 6 hours later and charge you £35 - happened to me, with
EDF.

I installed an isolator in the meter box at the same time.