Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default OT Tire pressure sensors

"Ron" wrote in message

There are two different ways to relearn your Tire Pressure Monitoring
System (TPMS). One is with a TPMS scan tool (this is the preferred
method) and the other is the manual method (pain in the "you-know
what", but requires no special tools or equipment).

To use the manual method, set the parking brake. Enter into TPMS
RELEARN using the Driver Information Center (DIC) controls. (SEE
Owner's Manual)

When you have successfully entered TPMS RELEARN, the horn will chirp
and the left front turn signal will illuminate. Increase or decrease
the tire inflation pressure on the left front tire for 8 to 10
seconds. The horn will "chirp", indicating that the left front tire
pressure sensor has been relearned and the turn signal at the right
front will illuminate. Repeat the process for the right front tire.
The horn will chirp and the right rear turn signal will illuminate
indicating that the right front tire has been relearned and now you
must now repeat the process at the right rear tire. Then you will have
to repeat this a fourth time at the left rear. When the left rear tire
has been relearned, the horn will sound a "double chirp" indicating
that the relearn process has successfully completed.

Yep, that's how I did it! I had to read it a couple of times before I
believed it! LOL

And you need two people to do it.

Are you serious about this ?

What kind of vehicle ?

My Toyota only requires a simple press of a button.

I have seen where you may have to do something like that to reset or use
another of the door unlocks.