Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bar top finish product

"woodchucker" wrote:

I knew about Shell they have some pretty sophisticated Epoxies.

It's the formulators that develop the finished resin systems by
developing the hardeners.

I did not know that West was more retail, I thought S3 was the
newer comer... but I'll admit I don't know that much, other than
using West mostly for building composite planes. I know about shell
from a friend who fabricates for high end motorcycles... he does
exhausts and other parts from carbon fiber, so he buys the shell
epoxies that are ok for high temp ...

West was first into the market followed by several others in a hurry.

Is carbon fiber still on allocation?

Golf clubs, hockey sticks and sail boat masts are just a few uses
these days for carbon.

Lew