Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Bar top finish product

On 10/23/2013 9:07 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 10/23/2013 10:24 AM, Michael wrote:
Has anyone used this product? If so, what say ye?

http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...0&Anchor=pTabs

Thanks.

I used a product like that or that product, don't remember the brand,
about 30 years ago. Worked easily and well. Did a bar and it was easy
and offers good durability.

Just to test it b4 the bar, put a picture on a slab of wood and covered
it with a cup full of mixture... I was impressed with it.

Forgot to mention, the product was so good on the bar, I also used it on
a darkroom table, found the finish to be chemical resistant.. Not stain
resistant, but it didn't hurt the finish..

Acetic acids, developers.. etc. on a pressboard tabletop.. coated both
sides and got the protection I was looking for. no puff up of the
pressboard, so it kept the underlying pressboard dry.

--
Jeff