Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Are those old push button light switches legal for a new building?

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 08:51:59 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

I would probably feel more comfortable were the yoke of the switch
grounded since you'll obviously be using antique metal covers. Granted
we all managed to survive without that for ages, but still.

I remember those switches in my grandparents' house as well. And
exposed K&T wiring in the attic and basement...

nate

Considering that I always use metal boxes and ground them to the bare
wire, my cover plate IS grounded. I dont care for those plastic boxes,
and for a small price difference, I'd rather have the metal ones.