Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:
Cindy Hamilton wrote:
In article ,
Tony Hwang wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/21/2013 4:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

If I'm working I want the fast part. But it surprises me how little
actual difference there is in price between my wife and I eating at a
typical fast food place, maybe $16 versus a real sit down restaurant,
which for a non-fancy outing might be $21. For the extra $5 you get
served, real plates, actual food.....

If you're still able to find it for $21, you are doing OK. Seems most
of the time now it is $30+. Not difficult to hit $50 either.

Hmmm,
Eating out? We never go to a fast food joint to eat junk food.
Respectable eatery costs ~100.00 per person including tip at least.

Really? I generally figure about half that. Of course, we rarely
have any kind of alcohol when we eat in restaurants.

Perhaps we have differing definitions of "respectable". We don't do
"cuisine". The places we go most often (in no particular order):
German
Indian
Turkish
Japanese
Chinese
Italian
Syrian
Steakhouse

Some quite tasty ethnic meals can be had for $25 for two people.

That's all in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Prices are of course higher
in a large metropolis.

Cindy Hamilton

Hi,
You left out my old country Korea. Korean beef BBQ is good!

You're right. (Doh!) We have two Korean places we like to go;
one is a barbecue-at-the-table place, the other is a tiny
mom-and-pop joint.

The place we may be going to eat is formal suit and tie place.

Suit and tie. I can't remember the last time he wore a tie,
except for weddings and funerals. Luckily we live in a college
town, where a lot of informality is tolerated.

Cindy Hamilton