Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default Antifreeze Q

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 9:01:41 AM UTC+1, wrote:

I was correcting your claim that methanol is not the more toxic antifreeze, and that it isnt even used as antifreeze.

More lies from the half wit trying to act knowledgeable.
We were talking about car antifreeze; there's no methanol in that.
There's no methanol in anti-freeze used in building services systems (chilled water or heating).

It's used in screen wash additives, partly for it bactericidal quality, and in deicer.
So STFU until someone asks about that.

The only application for methanol anti-freeze I ever came across was on a run-around heat recovery system that handled about 15 m^3/s. It had been treated with conventional anti-freeze, but the pipework was galvanized and the corrosion inhibitors used in the solution (potassium diphosphate ISTR) were incompatible with the zinc coating. The anti-freeze manufacturer never produced a answer to queries. The methanol was never used, it just relied on the hard-wired low-temperature manual-reset cut-off.

So, where were we?
Oh yes; you were telling me about anti-freeze chemistry, axial flow PC fans on radiators, tube-in-shell heat exchangers and similar technical stuff of which you have no knowledge and no experience.

Please continue, do.

I've no doubt you'll keep going round and round with more bs. Why don't you waste someone else's time.

Me? Waste time?
You've wasted your entire life, child.
Get back in your cubicle.