Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.mobilehome
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Why no overflow on Trailer Home bathtubs

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:13:20 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03
wrote:

It's great your overflow can keep up with the supply. None of our homes
ever could (even our brand new home with fresh clean pipes).

In any case, I would never turn on a tub faucet and walk away.
That's like turning on the stove and walking away.

You stay next to your stove the entire time it's on?

I was thinking the same thing! I dont stay by the stove when I'm
cooking. Particularly when I'm boiling something. I just make a point
to check it regularly, and often I use a timer that reminds me. Life is
too short to waste staring at a pot on the stove, not to mention it's
boring. During that cooking time I can check my email, read something,
watch part of a movie, make some phone calls, do some paperwork, fix
something, or do a million other things. But I do occasionally get busy
with something else and if I dont use a timer, I will tend to forget and
burn my dinner.

The same is true with the bathtub. I start to fill it, and check it
regularly. However, as I age, I'm more forgetful than I used to be, and
do have the water going down the overflow at times. I've thought about
timing how long it takes to fill the tub, and putting another timer in
the bathroom to remind me. On the other hand, I've heard that they sell
some sort of device that hangs over the edge of thge tub, and when the
water reaches a sensor on that device, it sounds an alarm. I like that
idea, and would consider getting one of them if I know what they are
called and where to buy one.