Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:36:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 10/21/2013 4:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

If I'm working I want the fast part. But it surprises me how little
actual difference there is in price between my wife and I eating at a
typical fast food place, maybe $16 versus a real sit down restaurant,
which for a non-fancy outing might be $21. For the extra $5 you get
served, real plates, actual food.....

If you're still able to find it for $21, you are doing OK. Seems most
of the time now it is $30+. Not difficult to hit $50 either.

Sub $20, including drink (no alcohol) but excluding tax is quite easy
here (total w/tax about $21-$24). I can choose Italian, Greek,
Mexican, Lebanese, or American for between $15 and $20 for any of the
three meals. Of course, they have more expensive dishes and there are
more expensive restaurants. $50 for two is easy, as well. No need
for it, though. Good food can be had for cheap money.