Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default On my project-speaking of code rules

On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 8:23:07 AM UTC-5, jloomis wrote:
I have almost finished an extensive deck project here in Northern Calif. The Owners have a hot tub on the deck and want an outdoor shower. Go figure.. We are making the outdoor shower pad, and had the electrician install a conduit for an instant hot water unit to provide hot water to the shower. The plumber came by to hook up the drain and said, "country does not allow hot water to the outdoor shower!" I could not believe it. What the jell does a person have a Hot Tub on a deck, (with hot water in the tub no less)and needs a shower nearby..... and only cold. I am really amazed at this ruling. Is there any sense out there? What if I call it a "Doggy Wash" john

"Hot" is a relative term. Tell the plumber you're installing a tepid water supply, along with the not-so-tepid water supply.

Sonny