Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default On my project-speaking of code rules

On 10/22/2013 8:23 AM, jloomis wrote:
I have almost finished an extensive deck project here in Northern Calif.
The Owners have a hot tub on the deck and want an outdoor shower.
Go figure. We are making the outdoor shower pad, and had the
electrician install a conduit for an instant hot water unit to
provide hot water to the shower.
The plumber came by to hook up the drain and said, "country does not
allow hot water to the outdoor shower!"
I could not believe it.
What the jell does a person have a Hot Tub on a deck, (with hot water in
the tub no less)and needs a shower nearby.....
and only cold.
I am really amazed at this ruling.
Is there any sense out there?
What if I call it a "Doggy Wash"

IME, it has to do with drainage. Most outdoor cold water showers drain
in the flower bed, or on the ground somewhere. Add hot water and they
want to protect the groundwater because someone will assuredly be using
it with something else than plain water during a shower.

IOW, if the shower in question is connected to a sewer/septic line, you
will probably have no problems with local code.

Be worth checking in any event.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net