Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Water Heaters nearly FILLED with CALCIUM.

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:38:17 -0500, wrote:

My reason for posting this message is because I'm wondering if there is
anything that can be done to filter out this calcium before it gets into
the water heaters? I know little about water softeners, but from what I
do know, they are more intended for hard water, which would be more what
my water is, with the iron in it. Whether they will remove calcium is
something I dont know, particularly when the calcium levels are so high.

Is there anything else that can help this problem? I'm curious !!!

Softeners use sodium to replace calcium. Sounds like what he needs.
It can be put on the line feeding the hot water only if that is the
only problem.

There are also filter systems for calcium, but I have no idea how well
they work.