Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where do I go from here?

On Monday, October 21, 2013 5:06:28 PM UTC-7, Jim Wilkins wrote:

"jon_banquer" wrote in message

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...-drives-4.html

jsw

-You're correct. Copying long file names in Windows 7 can be a major

pain in the ass. I switch to Umbuntu Linux when I run -into a problem

with long names in Windows 7. While this is a pain in the ass it

doesn't detract from the serious advantages -Windows 7 64 bit has with

making use of the kind of RAM that modern CADCAM systems require. I'm

running 32 Gigs of -RAM. I need to upgrade to 64 Gigs of RAM based on

what I'm now creating toolpath for.

This unofficial Microsoft developer's tool shows how much RAM and CPU

you are actually using, on a real time graph.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896653

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Russinovich

Mark is a genius and I find him to be an interesting speaker to listen to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0yk2a04mbs

He's done so much for those who use Windows and get tried of being a pawn

to software developers who do unethical ****.

I went to my "premature ejaculators anonymous meeting" last night, only to

find an empty room...looking at my watch, I realized that, as usual, I came

too early....

Forget the meetings and learn to "bring the ruckus":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjHRTJfFPew