Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Packard Bell DSC-400 camera.

Doesn't it use a memory card of some type ? If so you should be able to just use it that way no ? I have two older cameras which all I do is use the cards. One of them is the old old card and it doesn't work in one of my PCs so I have to go in the basement and transfer the files to a USB stick, but it is still usable.

Another thing I noticed is that the drivers appear to be for 98. If XP doesn't have them, you might be screwed anyway.

I have this absolutely wonderful Visioneer 6100B flatbed scanner I would really like to have working but it just won't in XP. There are no drivers even though the company seemed to be around. I even have the disk but it does me no good.

Even though the resolution of the scanner was not more than usual, it could scan at depth. Things did not have to be right on the glass. I scanned guns, car parts, my face etc. I haven't seen one work so well since. (I even turned it up on it's side once and took a picture of my.....nevermind)

Too bad there's no money in backward compatibility.